7 Successful Strategies for Working from Home
Working from home, or ready to join the thousands of Canadians who already do? Home-based businesses offer considerable advantages, but many challenges. Here are seven strategies that will make your home office experience more productive and rewarding.
1) Select a dedicated workspace. If possible, select a room with a door to block out distractions. Also, choose your space based on how you will use it. For example, locate it near the main entrance to your home if clients and suppliers will be visiting frequently.
2) Choose your office furniture carefully. You want to create a space that is comfortable, productive and safe. Ensure your space is well lit and provides proper storage space. You may be sitting at the computer a lot. Make sure you are aligned! Email us and we will set you our Desk and Office Set Up Instructions Page.
3) Purchase office equipment based on your needs. Consider all-in-one equipment with fax, printer, copier, and scanner functions to save money and space.
4) Set a schedule and stick to it. Early or late riser? Business or casual? Find the routine that works for you and keep it. Remember to set daily goals to avoid doing household chores when you should be working. Regularly scheduled breaks are also important, allowing you to stay fresh through the working day.
5) Outsource and delegate. It’s easier to stay efficient and focused on your work when you make use of support service providers, such as book keeper couriers and Virtual Assistant Services.
6) Plan your outings. You’ll save time by picking one day during the week to run errands and batching them together by geography also saves time.
7) Take time to network. It’s important to interact with friends and associates on a regular basis. Plan weekly lunches or join a networking group to make new contacts and learn new business techniques.
If you found this article useful, you can find more like it at www.organizeanything.com.
For more information or to connect with me online:
Colette Robicheau ASP, CRSS, CPO-CD ®, Master Trainer in CD and Organization
© 2011 Organize Anything – The Professional Organizing Company
Posted on May 11, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Colette Robicheau, home office, home workspace, Office, office furniture, office help, office organization, Organize Anything, work from home, workplace, workspace. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.