Organize Your Life With Your Mobile Device
You already use your phone for more than just calling someone, you text and tweet and take pictures. But do you take advantage of all the fantastic ways a cell phone can keep you organized on the fly and simplify your life?
1) Keep your contacts organized. Smart phones have a great capacity to organize your contacts in many different ways. Update client profiles with as much information as you can and use groups to distinguish between family, friends, clients, coworkers and prospects.
2) Sync your calendars. Set up your phone to sync with your business and family calendars so you always know what’s going on. Be sure to set up a two-way sync so anytime you add an appointment to your phone, it will sync to your computer.
3) Schedule your time. Use the task function on your phone, set up reminders and alarms to ensure that you are working through your daily task lists in an efficient manner. Want to know how much time you spend on certain activities a week? Colour code family, work, friend time for a quick-look review.
4) List it. Keep lists of household items and groceries that you’re running low on so that you can grab it on the go. You can also keep information handy that you might need on the go like family clothing sizes, a to-do list, house measurements, emergency contacts and more!
5) Take advantage of the applications! Every smart phone has an “app store” and there some really great tools that have been developed for your specific phone in the store. Prices range from free to $4.99 on average and next time you’re waiting in traffic or in a waiting room browse through to find tools that will make your life easier.
6) Stay on track with your diet. Install a food tracker app or just keep notes about what you eat and when you exercise during the day. People who track their eating habits are more likely to stick to their healthy eating plans.
7) Check and respond to emails during your commute. Have a busy day at the office planned? Want to organize a party for the weekend? Connect your phone to your email account so you can take advantage of your commute downtime to get a jump-start on your day.
8) Take pictures. See a great gift idea while shopping that you don’t want to forget? Snap a picture and title it with where you saw it and who you thought of. Don’t want to forget where you parked the car? Take a picture. Use your camera phone to document landmarks when you travel somewhere new so you have visual references in case you get lost later.
There many fun and inventive ways to use your phone to stay organized. If you have a trick or an app you like to use, we’d love to hear about it. You have the technology of a computer and the convenience of a phone in your back pocket, so utilize it to simplify your day-to-day life.
Posted on March 29, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged android, apps, blackberry, calendar, contacts organized, iphone, schedule time, smart phones, stay organized, time management. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.