Closet Questions – Should it Stay or Go?
1. Do I love it and feel good when I wear it?
2. Does it flatter my figure or did I just buy it because it was on sale, it fit me, I was depressed, I was celebrating or it’s the latest trend?
3. Am I really going to get it altered or repaired?
4. Is it a classic piece of clothing that I can wear again and again or is it actually just memorabilia with sentimental attachment?
5. When was the last time I wore it?
6. How many other articles of clothing does it go with?
7. Can I wear it through many seasons?
8. Does it reflect who I am now and who I would like to be?
9. How may duplicates do I have in my closet?
Have some fun and invite friends and family over to have first pick of clothes that you don’t want anymore. They can also give you an honest answer as to whether something should stay or go.
By asking yourself these questions you will have an easier time navigating your closet, finding what you want to wear and getting to where you are going faster and more self assured.
By Colette Robicheau