Sticky Do’s and Sticky Don’ts
Do use sticky notes for:
- Marking catalog and magazine pages
- Reminding your self of special tasks (on bathroom mirror, front door, fridge).
- Out of office notice-have sticky notes prepared to leave on your office door such as back in 10 minutes, at lunch, working at home, in a meeting.
- Flow charts and scheduling.
- To avoid writing on original documents.
- Brain storming sessions.
- For quick lists (errands, groceries) to place on your to do list.
- For daily affirmations. Put a positive message on mirror.
- To enter the fax number on a document you are faxing.
- Writing positive notes to employees and family members.
Don’t use sticky notes for:
- To remind yourself of day-to-day activities or projects.
- When there is more than one task to complete.
- As a record of phone messages. Use a notebook instead.
- As a method of retaining information on permanent documents. They can get knocked off and will dry out after awhile.
- To label computer disks and CDs
- For external or formal correspondence.
Posted on March 25, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged business, Colette Robicheau, collette robichaud, etteloc, filing, Help, home, home office, home office accessories, home office design, home office furniture, home office ideas, home office organization, How to, life coach, notes, Office, office accessories, office clutter, office design, office furniture, office organization, Organize Anything, organize everything, Organizing products, positive, post its, professional organizer, reminder, sticky notes, suggestions, Tips, work smarter, Working from home, yellow. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.