Packing For Travel – Professional Organizers of Canada Guest Post
Successful packing for a trip is a very useful skill. Vacations are not daily life – so we don’t need to bring all our everyday life items with us.
Many airlines are now charging extra fees to have luggage checked, so for cost effective purposes – PLAN carefully. If you do, you may be able to fit a week’s worth into a carry-on suitcase – provided it’s for a sunny and warm destination.
When it comes to packing your bags, a light touch is what you need. Use your weather app before your trip to get a better sense of what to expect.
· Lay out your clothes ahead of time; select carefully.
· Stick with one or two colours that coordinate and are versatile.
· Layer the outfits, so you can peel off and on according to the temperatures.
· Choose clothing you can wear on more than one occasion.
· Roll clothing items to save space and provide greater visibility if you are going to be living out of the suitcase for a while.
· Use space-saving bags, packing cubes or transparent kitchen-storage bags. These are useful if you are going to be making several stops, because it keeps like items together and eliminates random packing.
· Leave space in your suitcase if you think you are going to shop.
· Pack shoes last, soles up. Fill them with small crushable items such as hosiery or socks.
Loss or Theft