STAGING – Odour Free Staging
We spend a lot of time thinking about what our homes look like when we are trying to sell them. Don’t forget that the sense of smell is one of our strongest senses.
Because we spend so much time in our home we can no longer tell what it really smells like to others. This is no time to be shy- get an honest opinion from someone you trust. Chances are if you have a dog, love scented candles or enjoy cooking different foods your home could use some neutralizing of scent. This doesn’t mean masking with perfuming deodorizers.
Clean is the best smell of all. Your home can not be too clean and any scent of mold or mildew will spark a big question in the noses’ of buyers. Think about your old carpets and dirty clothes in laundry hampers. Put fresh linens on the bed and clean, new towels in bathrooms. Give your home a breath of fresh air by saying good bye to odour and hello to a fast sale.
Open some windows for at least 10 minutes. There is nothing worse than walking into a stuffy house or one that smells of smoke and pet odors.
Use candles for aromas…NOT sprays which are obvious and indicate something concealed
• Play soft music during tours (if possible because it helps people to relax).
• Bake breads or cookies and leave the dish out for visitors.
• DO NOT cook smelly foods (fish, onions, garlic and grease) prior to sales tours.
• Keep the home spotlessly clean. Would you want to buy a dirty and unkempt home?
• Repair any damaged wood, tile or lino flooring.
• Clean carpet of stains and odors and replace worn carpeting.
• Remove pets or have them put in the laundry room or garage with a sign to not open door.
Posted on April 30, 2015, in Home, Staging and tagged cleaning tips, Colette Robicheau, collette robichaud, details, eliminate clutter, First impressions, fridge, home selling, Home selling tips, home staging tips, how to sell your home fast, life coach, mantle, need to sell my house, open house staging, open house tips, open houses for sale, Organize Anything, organize everything, painting a bathroom, professional organizer, sell your home, selling a home tip, staging a house, staging a house for sale. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.