Professional Organizers of Canada Guest Post – 5 Suggestions for Space Free Giving
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
Space Saving Holiday Gift Ideas
Gift giving, even when done with the very best intentions, is often done out of obligation and can cause problems for the recipient unintentionally. It is something to keep in mind – give something that adds value to the recipient’s life but is also respectful of their time and their space.
Consumable gifts, such as food and beverage items sidestep the dilemma of what to give the person who has everything;
- Cook a meal with a guest’s favorite food
- Take a friend to a restaurant or give them a restaurant gift card
- Give trays of baked goodies and/or fruit
- Gift cards to a quaint coffee or tea shop that they love
- A grocery gift card
- Drop-off a meal to friends who are always on the go
- Have a meal catered for a special event
This kind of gift can be customized to the recipient’s interests;
- Concert tickets, movie tickets, live theatre, comedy clubs.
- Swimming passes
- A round of golf
- A personalized tour
- A sporting event
- Massage or spa gift certificates
The Gift of Time
There are endless ways we can give our time that would be most appreciated even later in the year.
- Help with yard work, painting a room, or a household project that is on their agenda
- Provide childcare so the recipient can enjoy some free time
- Bring coffee and cake for a leisurely visit
- Go for a long walk in a beautiful location
Flowers and Memories
- A long lasting plant like an Orchid or Azalea can brighten up the long winter months
- A gift certificate to a florist could be used later in the year
- Arrange for a seasonal bouquet to be sent 4 times a year
- Make a photo or digital album of the two of you together over the years
Creative Gift Wrapping
Often the presentation of the gift card, certificate or vouchers can be just as memorable as the item itself. There are many ways to “wrap” the gift to make the experience tangible. Create a booklet, a card, or wrap the item in something else to double the pleasure.
Posted on December 17, 2015, in Home, Lifestyle, Time Management and tagged Christmas, Colette Robicheau, declutter, experiences, gift giving, gift of time, gifts, Help, Holidays, Organize Anything, presents, professional organizer, space free. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.