Have a Hassle Free Holiday
It’s the holiday season. A time for buying gifts, throwing parties and decorating your home. All that work can leave little time for enjoying what should be the most wonderful time of the year. So here are some quick tips to help make your holiday season merry and bright.
- Make a list of all the people you plan to shop for with gift ideas that match their tastes. Consider gift certificates, which are easy to wrap and create less clutter. Be sure to set a gift budget for everyone on your list.
- Check weekly flyers for sales to plan your trip to the mall. The best times to shop are weekday mornings when there are fewer people shopping. Some stores have personal shoppers who can assist you in finding the right gift. And many stores have websites that allow you to save time by shopping from home online.
- Set yourself a deadline to complete your gift buying so you have more time to enjoy the holiday season.
- Planning a successful holiday party is much like planning any party. Start by selecting a date, preferably one that doesn’t conflict with other holiday gatherings. Once done, determine where you want to host your party – at home, the office or at a favourite spot – and make reservations if necessary. Now you’re ready to draw up your guest list!
- Make a plan. Before you drag out boxes of lights and tinsel, visualize how you want your home to look. A good plan covers everything from your theme – such as An Old-fashioned Christmas – and colour scheme to the decorations you want to use and where you’ll place them.
- Toss it. Sift through your holiday decorations and donate or purge any outdated or unwanted items. Be sure to test your lights to make sure they work properly. Replace all burnt-out bulbs and frayed cords. If you need to buy new outdoor lights, consider strings with built-in timers. They’ll save you time and energy costs.
- Make a party of it! Invite family and friends to help you decorate, with the promise of eggnog and other holiday treats. You could even purchase some craft supplies and have your friends over to create some memorable tree decorations. (And a few holiday season memories!)
Follow these simple ideas and enjoy the holidays the ways you were meant to – relaxing with friends and family.
Posted on November 22, 2016, in Home, Lifestyle, Office and tagged Christmas, declutter, decorations, Holiday, new year, Organize Anything, organizing, party, party planning, Planning, stress free. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.